Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Disclaimer

In my research, I have tried to be as thorough as possible. I have made every attempt to verify each name via several sources (death certificates, books, census records, previously researched family trees by others, etc.). I do not claim to be a professional geneaologist and have not consulted one. Dates and spellings may be slightly different than those you might have read elsewhere. Keep in mind that many people did not know how to spell- even as recently as the early 20th century- census takers often spelled names phonetically or as they thought they should be spelled. Records often exist as a note in a bible, a scrawl on a deed or a hand-written document transcribed to computer. Human error is common. If you have a question or correction to any of the information I have included, please email me and let me know. I will research it and correct it as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment